Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Lost configuration after upgrade

giles_75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have upgraded the RV345. But the whole configuration is lost : VLAN, rules...

Is there a way to reload the old configuration ? I did not find it in 'Configuration Management'.

Or do i must rewrite the whole configuration with more than 50 rules !

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunatly yes it went something wrong. best practice to offload the config always weekly or monthly basis.

or before upgrade.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

In case no configuration file was saved , then will have to reconfigure everything from scratch.

In case you require assistance in re configuring from scratch, you can call our frontline team and get a service request opened with us.

Thanks and regards,

Mridul

Cisco SBSC

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In normal situation upgrade should not erase config (only degrade does erase config)

As best practise suggested always take backup cofig and upgrade.

If you have backup config, you can restore System Management>>Backup and restore path

1. If you do not have backup, either contact SMB TAC (i do not belive option to restore lost config)

2. configure from scratch and once all working, keep base config as backup, if you encounter same situation you can restore.

BB

Thank you.
Clearly something went wrong during the upgrade. Even the admin password was cleared.

I though the backup configuration was handled by the device.

I have to reconfigure from scratch :-(

Unfortunatly yes it went something wrong. best practice to offload the config always weekly or monthly basis.

or before upgrade.

BB

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

In case no configuration file was saved , then will have to reconfigure everything from scratch.

In case you require assistance in re configuring from scratch, you can call our frontline team and get a service request opened with us.

Thanks and regards,

Mridul

Cisco SBSC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: