cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Port Forwarding not working when Inter-VLAN Routing Disabled

spencerb
Level 1
Level 1

I feel like I must be missing something, maybe you can show me the light.

I have two VLANs. I have  port forwarding rule setup to forward to an IP on VLAN2. If I disable Inter-VLAN Routing on VLAN2 the port forwarding does not work. If I enable Inter-VLAN Routing on VLAN2 then it does work.

I am attempting to segregate my two VLANs so they cannot talk to each other, but configure port forwarding to various IPs inside both VLANs. When I disable the Inter-VLAN Routing is where I run into problems with port forwarding no longer working (connections just timeout - it's not being forwarded).

No firewall access rules beyond the defaults are configured.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is this expected behavior? If so, how can I achieve what I'm after?

Thanks for your time.

3 Replies 3

are you disabling inter-VLAN routing on both VLANs?   Most of my configurations have guest VLAN as the secondary, so I'm not forwarding any ports there.   The one office that does have a secondary internal VLAN with ports forwarded to both VLANs has the inter-VLAN routing enabled.   I will see if I can test that one and get back, although that is an RV32x not RV34x, so it may not be any help unless it suffers the same issue.

I have one RV345 in service, and it was not forwarding ports, which is how I came upon your thread.  My issue turned out to be the cable modem wasn't fully in bridge mode, so I finally figured that out after beating my head against a wall for an hour.  Put it in bridged mode and disabled the firewall completely, now my incoming ports forward correctly.  Again - I don't think this is your issue, but thought I'd mention it.   I'll also see if I can hook something up to the guest VLAN on this guy and forward a port to test your scenario.

Thank you!!! had the same problem on my rv325 even had a cisco engineer screen share with me and confirm my configuration was correct; RMA'd the 325, upgraded to a rv345 - still the same problem - read this checked my fibre modem settings, and it turned out that the fibre modem assigned the router a new ip & thus new settings..  2 weeks of head banging (not in a death metal way either).

ericwan
Level 1
Level 1

I am using RV340 and i have similar issue. I setup VLAN1 & VLAN2 with inter-VLAN routing disabled. i also setup port forwarding - HTTP to VLAN1 IPs & FTP to VLAN2 IPs. It works fine if i access the services from external. However, i cannot access the HTTP servers from VLAN1 if i access using my FQDN. The problem only can be fixed if i re-enabled the inter-VLAN routing on the 2 VLANs.  Any idea what is missing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: