Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Router - Losing Security Settings

masonchuck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:
I have an RV345 router.  I purchased the Security-License for this to do Web Filtering.

I was able to purchase the license, load the license and turn on web filtering.  

Almost every month, the web filtering is turned off (my users notice that they can not get to web sites we did not want them to get to).

When I get back into the router, (Security, Web Filtering), the Web Filtering is turned off and states that "Using Web Filtering requires sufficient valid licenses.  If required, click here to manage licenses".

When I view the License, it has a Registered green check and License Authorization Status green checked.

At the bottom where it lists the license - "Security-License" it has "Updating" under the status.

The router is on the most current release of 1.0.03.20

Is this a bug in the router software?

Thanks

Chuck.

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Have you registered with the Cisco Smart Licensing and your Smart Account? Please verify you have walked through the following steps:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5540-register-a-smart-software-license-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html 

Regards,

Martin

@Martin Aleksandrov wrote:

Hi there,

Have you registered with the Cisco Smart Licensing and your Smart Account? Please verify you have walked through the following steps:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5540-register-a-smart-software-license-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html 

Regards,

Martin

Yes, I have the product registered.  It is working fine for about 3 to 4 weeks, THEN almost every month, the web filtering is turned off (my users notice that they can not get to web sites we did not want them to get to).

When I get back into the router, (Security, Web Filtering), the Web Filtering is turned off and states that "Using Web Filtering requires sufficient valid licenses.  If required, click here to manage licenses".

When I view the License, it has a Registered green check and License Authorization Status green checked.

At the bottom where it lists the license - "Security-License" it has "Updating" under the status.

IF I reboot the router, it completes the "update" and got back to normal (IE: the web filtering is turned back on).

DO I need to reboot the router every 4 weeks?  

I am thinking that this is a software bug.

Thanks

Chuck Mason

Hello Chuck,

No, definitely you don't have to reboot the router. It might be RV software issue and/or licensing problem as well. Since you have successfully activated the security license I could only advise you to reach out to the STAC tech support centre and open a case. They can collaborate with the Cisco licensing team to further troubleshoot the issue. Contact information is available on the following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: