cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 stopped working and required reset

jacopoL
Level 1
Level 1

This morning our RV345 suddenly stopped working: the music streaming from our Chromecast stopped and the traceroute to any address from the devices connected to the RV345 couldn't get past the first hop. The internet was normally working from the DSL modem connected at WAN1.

I tried to turn off the RV345, wait a minute, and turn it back on: the leds apparently completed the start-up cycle but nothing changed. I tried to ping the RV345's IP address and it replied normally, but the traceroute to any address still couldn't get past the first hop. The web configuration interface that is normally accessible on the RV345's IP address didn't work (the browser reported a connection timeout).

So I long pressed the reset button on the RV345, waited for it to reboot and it was then possible to connect to the web interface. I restored my previous configuration and everything seems to be working again.

What could have happened?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support ticket, so we can do a WebEx remote session and check the configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO