cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 syslog error: dnsmasq: failed to allocate -1 bytes & dnsmasq: failed to parse lease database cleanly

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the log configured on the RV345 router to send me email alerts with a severity of error and higher.  A few times a day I get an alert with the following:

<error>dnsmasq: failed to allocate -1 bytes

<error>dnsmasq: failed to parse lease database cleanly

I searched online but was unable to find any existing solutions to this.  I am using the latest firmware 1.0.03.21 but it was showing up in the previous firmware versions as well.

I did review the thread below which is a few years old but it was abandoned with no solution.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv345p-error-dnsmasq-failed-to-allocate-1-bytes/td-p/3303516

I do have a valid security license installed which is good for another 11 months.  I am using Application Control, Web Filtering, IPS Security, and Antivirus with Log and Destroy on all with a 2 MB threshold.

Has there been any updates or does anyone have a solution?

Regards.
1 Reply 1

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

As of the latest firmware update, the second message has resolved about parsing the database, but the first message still persists with failing to allocate.

Regards.