Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Unresponsive

espatial
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have a RV345 that has been running for while now without any issue. Recently it started to froze randomly, mostly during the night. The router is then completly unresponsive and no traffic is going through. Only fix is to reboot the router manually. So far we haven't been able to gather logs before the router crash but should be able to at the next occurence.
The only change that occur on the router recently is a change of traiffic routing from the WAN1 to WAN2 for a specific server generating a lot of traffic. We do have Site-to-site VPNs set up on both WANs.

This the firmware on our router:
System Information
Device Model:     RV345
PID VID:     RV345-K9 V01
Current Firmware Version:     1.0.01.18
Current Signature Version:     1.0.0.0844
Current Dongle Driver Version:     0.0.00.01

Any help/pointers would be very appreciated.

20 Replies 20

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks recently seen people reporting, please contact small business contact

Would you be able to contact our support organization  (Cisco SBSC) and open a Service request. One of Cisco Engineers will be  able to work with you to resolve this issue. You can find the SBSC  contact information in the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

pst-dgreene
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same  was there any fix for this issue?

Hey all,

I've been experiencing this issue for about 4 months now. I've tried numerous items unsuccessfully. I've scoured the entire internet on the issue and attempted changing firmware 3 times. 

The only resolution is to disable all site-to-site VPNs, client-to-site VPNs and you will still experience the AnyConnect / SSL unresponsiveness issue. At least that doesn't brick the whole device until a reboot, just the AnyConnect abilities.

Possibly the worst piece of hardware I've ever seen. A Cisco VPN-specific device that fails spectacularly with anything to do with a VPN.

What is the firmware version you are currently running?

They just released a new firmware version on 1/1/19 its version 1.02.16 I received a early release because of the issues I was have and have been using it for over a month now. The only issue I had was when deploying it wiped out all settings and was unable to restore settings from a previous configs, but after the flash vpn and secondary wan issues I was having was fixed.

Hm interesting. Thanks for the notification. I see it listed under the downloads - but there's no release notes on it.

So with that firmware version your site-to-site VPN's aren't causing the unit to eventually just hang and require a manual reboot?

But when you flashed it it wiped out all your settings, you had to manually re-enter them?

Correct.

Thanks for your time and help today. I found the release notes with some Google-fu because they are not listed on the product documentation page at this time, and see one of the items says "New GUI style, along with GUI menus and options changes." 

Is the UI more intuitive now than it used to be? To be honest I was about to scrap the thing not only due to the VPN issues but the PITA of doing simple things like setting a static IP, setting up a static NAT or changing services. No service groups etc, or hostname identifiers. If that's changed, or at least headed in the right direction I may hold onto it.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I put the new version of the firmware 1.0.02.16 because my routeur shutdown the trafic between LAN and WAN.

The router has rebooted.

But I can't connect to the interface via WAN.

Could you help me ?

Thanks

It probably reset your router to factory defaults like people have been saying if you do the upgrade. So it's not able to connect to the WAN now. You'll have to go physically plug into it and enter your WAN information.

Hi,

It's very stange, because all the VPN are UP.

The routeur is up on the all LAN.

But I can't connect with WAN or LAN interface.

When I connect, the page login.html don't loaded

Thanks

So it wiped your config which means you must have updated this FW locally.  So I should not try this remotely since if tue config is wiped my vpn will ne wiped and I will have to immediately drive to the job to upload a saved config file. 

This is the kind of **bleep** that infuriates me and what’s worse its from cisco who should know how to do this.  I’ve never had any FW from other manufacturers that made me afraid to do remote FW upgrades.  What does it have to wipe the entire memory including space reserved for file storage so it can’t read from file when it boots up after the transfer?  

Sitting in the office and wasting 10-20 minutes of un billable time is tolerable but rolling a truck and spending 1-3 hours really sucks when you’re not getting paid.  

Hi,

I reset the router and i restore the last backup and all it's ok.

It is not normal that a new firmware requires a physical presence on site.

But, the new firmware causes PRTG probes to no longer work.

The values ​​remain at 0.

Someone knows how to set PRTG to retrieve WAN in / out traffic ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: