Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 web filter upates

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

Using an RV345, I found a site, www.freefilesync.org, was being blocked saying:

Access to the requested page has been blocked.
Threat Level: 33, exceeded threshold!
Please click here, if you think there has been an error.

I submitted it and received a quick reply that they'd classified the URL so that it wouldn't be blocked (so much better than the system used on the ISA5x0 systems).  Problem is, it's still blocked.  How long does the RV345 take to revisit the filter system to pick up changes?  It's been hours upon hours.  I cannot deploy this at client sites if updates aren't going to be seen quickly, like minutes, certainly not hours.  Is there a way to force the update?

Thanks...
3 Replies 3

Ingrid Aragon
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
In order to have this working, you need to make sure the website group and add this to the router configuration.
To verify the group access to http://beta.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php.
If you need support on this matter do not hesitate to contact us at 866-606-1866 (You only need Serial Number & CCOID - Cisco User ID).
Regards

And you guys should include http://beta.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php on the error page so people know the URL. How were we supposed to find it?

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1
That makes no sense. Add what to the router config? Like I said, the category was changed but until I disabled all the filtering after days of waiting (I'm not filtering the new category for this site), this site would not come up. This is about as useless as the ISA570's filtering system was, if anything this is worse because your warning message doesn't tell you which filter is causing it. As a consultant there is no way I can recommend this product in its current form.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: