Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P - Failed to load configuration from PC To running

AntG8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We bought a RV345P and a RV345. We try to copy the configuration of the RV345P on the RV345 but we have the following error :

"Failed to load the configuration files from PC to running configuration".

Both equipements are using the same firmware and are up to date. The only difference between RV345 and RV345P is PoE.

We ran the test from a USB directly connect to the device and from a PC. We got the same issue

We would like to know if you can save a configuration from a RV345P and copy it to a RV345 ?

Regards,

Antoine

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, unfortunately you cannot do that. The configuration file is different due to the PoE settings.

Regards

Jo

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mathias Garcia
Level 1
Level 1
I suggest that you save a configuration file from both, then compare them.
I would think that if there are any extra sections in the RV345P config that conflicts with the RV345 you should be able to remove that part of the config and load the rest.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, unfortunately you cannot do that. The configuration file is different due to the PoE settings.

Regards

Jo

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid of that.

Have a good day,

Regards,

Antoine

Hi Joe,

It's me again, so we purchased a new RV345P.  The configuration is in factory default. We just configured the new password and we installed the lastest firmware. But I still got  the issue. Is there a solution ?

Kind regards

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let me check. That should work

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I verified on a RV340 and that works.

Can you factory reset the new RV345P again please.

If during upload of new config the IP address of the router changes you might need to reconnect your PC if the PC received the IP address via DHCP from the router.

We use the same method with our management system to save and restore configs for the devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: