cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P Licensing Requirements

N Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Aside from registering a RV345P upon purchasing, is there any requirement to purchase any Cisco software license(s) if the following features will NOT be utilized:

Application Control

Web Filtering

Content Filtering

IP Source Guard

Cisco VPN Client Software (AnyConnect, Easy VPN)

The RV345P Administrators Guide discusses licensing, but completely fails to address which features of the router require an additional software purchase.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SBSC team.

There are two licenses for the RV340 series:

1. AVC Web filter
2. AnyConnect  Server licenses ( also AnyConnect client software and licenses separately from our Enterprise line ).

Each RV340/345 comes with two free AnyConnect Server licenses. ( but have in mind that you still need to have the AnyConnect software and client licenses).

Every other feature of the RV340 does not need a license.

Hope this information helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SBSC team.

There are two licenses for the RV340 series:

1. AVC Web filter
2. AnyConnect  Server licenses ( also AnyConnect client software and licenses separately from our Enterprise line ).

Each RV340/345 comes with two free AnyConnect Server licenses. ( but have in mind that you still need to have the AnyConnect software and client licenses).

Every other feature of the RV340 does not need a license.

Hope this information helps.

I use a RV345 at home ( no company ).

I have 2 site to site vpn tunnels to my sisters and 1 ssl vpn tunnel for my laptop.

Witch license do i need and where do i gat them?

Hello,

For the Site-to-site VPNs you can use IPsec that does not need a license.
For the laptop, you need 1 AnyConnect license. The Router comes with 2 free server licenses that you could use.
All you need is to purchase a license to download the AnyConnect client software from our Website.

Another Client VPN you can use for the laptop is IPsec using Shrew Soft ( 3rd party IPsec client).
The Shrew soft is free and the IPsec connections don't need a license.

Regards.

I have a similar question:

I only need a few client licenses, do I have to buy the minimum of 25 for it to work?

Hello,

The RV34x series has only bundles of 25 server licenses. These are mandatory to establish a connection.
Datasheet

However, for the client side - There are licenses for just 1 AnyConnect client, but you need to check with a Cisco Seller if those are still available on the market.
You will need this do download the client software.

Regards.

There has been an update on the licensed features:

- AnyConnect Server no longer requires a license, for the RV34x series.
You now have 25 free server licenses, embedded in the software.
However you would still be required to purchase the software, to be able to install it on your client devices.
It is currently available for direct download in the app store, for mobile devices.

Also here are some available guides:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Quick_Start_Smart_License/Smart_License_qsg_en_V4.pdf

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5540-register-a-smart-software-license-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: