cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

RV345P - PPTP and L2TP clients can't authenticate to local db

Hi everyone,

I am having VPN connection issues on Cisco RV345P VPN router. I am trying to setup Windows 10/7 clients to connect to this RV345P router via PPTP or L2TP; no matter is I try PAP, CHAP and CHAP2, I am having same issue. However, I am getting following error logs at below,

2019-Nov-24, 14:20:43 MST warning vpn pptp: Peer vpnuser failed CHAP authentication
2019-Nov-24, 14:20:43 MST error vpn pptp: RADIUS: Can't read config file /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf
2019-Nov-24, 14:20:43 MST error vpn pptp: rc_read_config: can't open /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf: No such file or directory

Even after I have upgraded to the last Firmware: 1.0.03.16, the problem still exists. After I searched in Cisco knowledge base, I found this is a Cisco bug since Firmware 1.0.1.17. I will assume this issue should be long fixed by now but looks like it's not.

The blow URL is Cisco Bug Search Result about this issue.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd97778/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir%C2%A0

By the way, in the router portal, under "System Configuration" -> "User Accounts" -> "Service Auth Sequence", 

I already set PPTP and L2TP to authenticate with "Local DB", but still having issue.

Please help! Thank you in advance!