cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P: Purchasing a security license: Impossible for a privat user?

Torsten75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I´m a private user and I bought my RV345P on ebay (maybe not the best idea...). Buying a Cisco product a first time I wasn´t aware of the licensing. One reason I bought this devices was the web filtering fearture, which as I learned now requires a license. So far so good... let´s go and buy one this is a small business device... that was my apporach.  I´ve contacted serveral so called resellers here in germany but none of them was willing to purchase (so why call these guys resellers...???) a license to me. So my simple question is: Is it really impossible for me to purchase a license for this devices? Or can anybody tell me how to solve this issue?

At least I was able to create a smart account...

Any useful feedback highly appreciated.

Thank you in andvance.

Regard T.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Torsten75
Level 1
Level 1

Just a small update. I finally made it. There are a few online shops who sell the licence. All you need before purchasing is to create a smart account (which will be a limited account for some features e.g. number of virtual accounts but at the end this doesen´t matter) and follow the instructions in the document provided by Martin. Thanks for posting.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5540-register-a-smart-software-license-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

I had a little trouble because the reseller for any reason was not able to bind the purchased licence to my smart account. But opeing a ticket with Cisco suprisingly solved this issue within 12hrs. Thumbs up for this.

Regards T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Torsten,

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with the resellers. In Germany, we would recommend the K2Net (IT-Outsourcing & IT-Dienstleister in Wien (k2netsolutions.com) which is one of our resellers offering Small Business Products. On the other hand, you can find your local Cisco partner on the following Partner Locator page: https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

Most Cisco partners should be able to sell you the RV34x security license (LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR=). Here is the link on how to register the Smart Software License: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5540-register-a-smart-software-license-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

Kind Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your feedback. I will check with k2netsolutions.com and let you know where this will end up.

I´m aware of the partner locator but I´m not able to filter for SMB resellers with this. Maybe you can show me what filters I have to use in this page to get knowledge about SMB resellers?

Thank you in advance.

Best T.

Torsten75
Level 1
Level 1

Just a small update. I finally made it. There are a few online shops who sell the licence. All you need before purchasing is to create a smart account (which will be a limited account for some features e.g. number of virtual accounts but at the end this doesen´t matter) and follow the instructions in the document provided by Martin. Thanks for posting.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5540-register-a-smart-software-license-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

I had a little trouble because the reseller for any reason was not able to bind the purchased licence to my smart account. But opeing a ticket with Cisco suprisingly solved this issue within 12hrs. Thumbs up for this.

Regards T.

Hello Torsten,

I am glad you make it! Not every partner is capable of doing this although it is supposed since this is one of his usual duties to the customers. 

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: