cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P VPN Hardware Client/Split Tunneling

N Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Is the RV345P capable of split tunneling using Teleworker VPN ?

I would like to configure a RV345P as a VPN client and also include split tunneling to reduce latency. I have not read the RV345P Administration Guide in its entirety; however the only reference to "Split Tunnel"appears only applicable when the RV345P is configured as the VPN Host.

Please correct me if I am mistaken; Secure GRE Tunnel, Client to Site, and SSL VPN are all VPN/Tunnel types that have the RV345P configured as the VPN/Tunnel Host.

Is there no way to configure this appliance as a VPN Client while performing Split Tunneling? If not, is there a hardware solution that would better accomplish what I'm setting out to do? (VPN client router on a stick possibly)

Thanks, Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

N Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

If your router is a client to the VPN server, then you really don't need to worry about split tunneling, which concerns host configurations. You simply use routing to determine which interface is used for traffic passing through the router. You normally would have a default route to the public Internet, and a route to specific networks through the VPN tunnel. The packets will be routed based on the routing table in the router.

RM

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

N Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

If your router is a client to the VPN server, then you really don't need to worry about split tunneling, which concerns host configurations. You simply use routing to determine which interface is used for traffic passing through the router. You normally would have a default route to the public Internet, and a route to specific networks through the VPN tunnel. The packets will be routed based on the routing table in the router.

RM