cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV34X - disable SPI

SolidSnakeSK
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone from Cisco clarify how to disable the SPI on the new RV34X models? It´s causing a lot of problems in our environment, on the old RV32X models, there was a checkbox, on the newer ones there isnt.

3 Replies 3

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My name is Kristian and I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

Unfortunately, the RV34X routers do not support the functionality to disable SPI individually. This is a device limitation and in order to disable SPI you will need to disable the whole Firewall functionality. 

What I can suggest is to contact our support center to explore whether it is possible to open a feature request for this particular issue.

Hope that helps,
Kris

Hello, even with FW disabled, SPI stays on and the router keeps inspecting the packets, which causes communication problem with various web services our clients use.

I hope this helps you or the others who have similar issue. I disabled the SPI by downloading the XML file, and change the SPI value on the file, from "true" to "false". Then I save the file and uploaded it to the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: