Views
Helpful
Replies

RVL200 and Windows 7 do not work

mika22149
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I´ve searched a lot in all the available communities to find a solution.

Tried everything .... beginning with updating to actual firmware, installing C++Redistr and all other tips I found.

eg there are no ssldrv.* in the assumed directories .... there is a certificate which is outdated in the 1920th (lol) ... it´s true.

Phone support is not avail .... because we use it a couple of years .... with xp and vista there is no prob

Is someone able to help?

Perhaps there is a usefull handout/whitepaper available?

I´ve followed this link, but that did not work:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rvl200/release/notes/RVL200_V1.1.12.1.pdf

regards

Mika

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Mika,

Yeah windows 7 has been a pain lately since java has rolled out several updates. The C++Redistr 2005 is one work around for another router SA500 (SSL vpn trouble). Currently with these production units engineering is working on a fix within the next firmware release. Since the RVL200 is EOL/EOS don't think this problem will get fixed. Most customer don't have this problem until they run all the updates for windows 7 after that SSL broken. Its time to upgrade to a production unit so that windows7 will be fully supported.

Jasbryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: