cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS 4000 - No longer using 192.168.1.1

dennyerardi
Level 1
Level 1

I was accessing my router remotely, when my session timed out.  When I went to reload the utility, the IP address which I usually use:  192.168.1.1 no longer worked. 

According to the cmd prompt:  ipconfig, the address now is:  50.55.20.255, however, that doesn't pull anything up, either.

Any suggestions as to how I can restore the utility configuration tool?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Denny,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

Besides resetting the router to factory conditions, by holding down for 10 seconds the reset button, and restarting  the PC, all I can suggest you is to contact the Small Business Support Center for further assistance;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I apologize for the inconvinience and please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

trietche
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Denny,

What configurations where you changing when the session timed out?  Also, have you tried connecting and using an application such as wireshark to confirm the IP address?

Regards,

Trevor Rietcheck

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Reboot the router and your computer and try again.  Sounds like something funky happened--let's hope it was a temporary glitch.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: