cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 certificates not recognized

ReneFeitelson
Level 1
Level 1

Ever since we updated our RVS4000 VPN router to firmware version 1.3.2.0 (~ July 2010) and our Cisco VPN Client software to version 1.4.0.5, the connection cannot recognize our installed certificates.  We did not create new certificates after the firmware update.  I moved my certificate files from the old install directory.  When this didn't work, I re-exported the RVS4000 certificates (admin and client) and placed them in:

c:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Client\RVS4000_Admin.pem

c:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Client\RVS4000_Client.pem

When I connect (same for my co-workers), we get the window:

Server's certificate doesn't exist on your local computer.  Do you want to quit this connection?  Yes / No

When we say No to the question, we get connected.

Why doesn't the CiscoVPN Client recognize the files?  I am running WinXP and already have the Microsoft patch for packet losses and connection problems.

Thank you,

Rene Feitelson

3 Replies 3

aaron.martinas
Level 1
Level 1

WOULD BE NICE TO GET SOME SOLUTIONS HERE

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

> c:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Client\RVS4000_Admin.pem

Try to move the above file to somewhere else. QuickVPN Client might be confused by this certificate, which is only for RVS4000 administrator's backup purpose. It's not meant for distribution to a regular QuickVPN Client user's computer.

Message was edited by: tekliu

If the above does not fix the issue, please call our Small Business Support Center.

omg how i hate seeing speculative answers by people with the "cisco" icon next to their name. you would think that the MAKERS OF THIS HARDWARE (and their employees who are purportedly subject matter experts on said hardware) would be able to provide technical solutions rather than SPECULATING and GUESSING at how to fix the problem.

so yea, i'm having the exact same problem. however, the only cert i have is the client cert in the correct directory. so none of that asinine "QuickVPN Client might be confused by this certificate" (NO CISCO REP SHOULD USE THE WORD "MIGHT" --- FOR GODS SAKE, KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!! YOU ONLY WORK FOR THE COMPANY!!!).

i tried generating a new certificate on the RVS4000 and then using that certificate in the correct QVPN directory. i even downgraded the software thinking there was a problem with the most recent version.

STILL HAVING ISSUES.

WILL SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THAT WORKS FOR CISCO PLEASE PROVIDE A WORKING TECHNICAL SOLUTION INSTEAD OF GUESSING!?