Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 Lan Ping access

Robert Kondrat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a RVS4000 and I would like to setup a Ping monitoring from the outside to a device behind RVS on lan network. I have created a rule to allow a service PING for range from WAN 46.xxx.xxx.xxx - 46.xxx.xxx.xxx to host 192.xxx.xxx.xxx but unfortunately this is not working. I can confirm that I can ping host 192.xxx.xxx.xxx from diagnostics on RVS. Is there something that I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in Advance.

Rob.

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Robert

Thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the small business community, in order to allow the ping from outside to your device, please go Firewall>Basic Settings and disable  "Block WAN Request". i hope this helps you.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan,

But this only would allow a ping to the RVS it self not to the device on LAN network I have tried that and thought that I have found solution but when I disable the device on LAN the ping is still working meaning that it goes no further than the RVS itself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: