cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 router drops at midnight daily

brianzech
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RVS4000 in use. The router has the latest firmware installed. All works great except, without fail, every day at midnight, connection to the WAN port drops for a period of less than 1 minute and returns on its own. IPS is active, but there are not random drops to diagnose. The drop happens like clockwork, each and every day, without fail or a missed day. I am aware there is a time usage policy section in the config. I do not have this enabled, access is to be uninterrupted for any and all connections.

I have verified that it is for sure this router and not the gateway as I have devices connected gateway direct that do not drop at this time. But, connections to those devices to the RVS4000 drops, a given as the gateway is connected to the RVS4000 WAN. The LEDs on the router do not change during this approx 30 second timeframe. Lights do not turn on, off, or blink at a changed rate of speed, at least that can be noticed.

I can also add that connected devices do not show a loss of connectivity, the network adapter remains to show a status of connected. On the connected device, however, requests requiring routing via the WAN port do not go through. Upon restoration, connectivity is back as normal with nothing needed from the connected device.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to resolve the matter.

0 Replies 0