Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 Static Route Issue

IanCurrie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our RVS4000 router will not save any static routes.  Under advanced routing, we add our network, mask and gateway, but, when we click SAVE, the information is deleted.  Tried add various different routes (networks: mask 255.255.255.0 and individual hosts: mask 255.255.255.255).  Same problem, unable to save the information.  Firmware is 2.0.3.2

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks                   

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ian, try using a different internet browser or computer.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

It worked fine from another computer.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Ian

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Ian Currie my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community, A question abou your LAN, which is the mask you are using?. you are probably using a different mask that you use for the static routes, what I recommend is to use the same mask you have on your LAN on your static routes configuration.

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

Cisco has a very useful tool called GuideMe, is made for small business products, and your device is in this category, you can use this address for accessing the tool: http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?alt1 = & pid = 4 & eroute = Super, is very easy to use, just complete the 3  spaces on this way:

Select a category: (Select the device type on request), e.g. Routers

Enter model: (Type the model on request), e.g. RV042

Question: (Type what  you want to know  about the device), e.g. VPN

And it'll be showing all the information you need about what you wrote.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: