cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 Vlan Wifi

malibujason79
Level 1
Level 1

Ive set up a rvs4000 with two vlans, one as a bussiness network and the other as a guest network. Everything works fine and the networks can not see each other. I would like to add wifi and I would like to do so with keeping both networks separate. I have a used 1130AG access point and was wondering if I could use this single AP for both networks. If so, how would I go about doing so? Is there a better suited AP for my needs?

4 Replies 4

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Yeah I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this with the 1130AG. I'm not too familar with the 1130AG AP but as long as you can create a trunk port and create two SSID you should be able to do this. Also create a trunk port on the RVS4000 that you are plugging the AP into as well you should be good to go. Maybe someone can add some feedback as well that has more experience with the 1130AG.

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Clayton, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I guess I don't really understand the correct way to create a trunk port on the rvs4000. Once it is set up correctly, the lan and vlan will be on the same port and not able to talk to each other correct? How do I go about setting up a truck port correctly?

Thanks Jason

Trunk port is up and working, now just need to config the AP.

Hello Jason,

Sorry for the late reply. Glad you were able to get the trunk configure on the RVS4000. If you still have some questions regarding that though you can check out the admin guide listed below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rvs4000/administration/guide/RVS4000_AG_OL-22605.pdf

As for the AP you have. I wish I had more experience with that Ap but maybe this documentation could help you at.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665ceb.shtml

I know you have to at least create a switchport trunk on the interface but as for configuring the SSIDS for the vlan ids I'm not all too sure about.