cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 VPN with iPad

terry
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a RVS4000 after chatting with a Cisco rep.  I want to set up a router at my office (RVS4000) that I can connect to from virtually anywhere with my iPad, log into a server on my network and run a Remote Desktop service.  The Cisco rep. told me that the RVS4000 was exactly what I needed.  So here is what I've done so far:

iPad(192.168.2.67)-->192.168.2.1(wirless router)-->Internet-->RVS4000-->(192.168.1.1)-->\\Server(192.168.1.33)

On the RSV4000 VPN tab IPSec VPN:

Tunnel name: Office

Local Security Type: IP only

IP address: (external IP address)

Local Security group: IP Address

IP Address 192.168.1.33

Remote Group: Any

IPSec setup: IKE w/preshared key

Group: 1024-bit (rest ARE DEFAULT)

PRESHARED key: XXXXXXXX

What am I doing wrong?

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think the QuickVPN Client that comes with RVS4000 runs on iPad.

Which IPsec Client software does your iPad have?  

Not sure how to answer your question.  The native VPN software on the iPad offers: L2TP, PPTP ans IPSec.  The IPSec shows a Cisco logo (seems like this should work with Cisco) with the following fields:

Description (required), Server (required), Account (required), Password (ask every time), Use Certificate (greyed out), Group Name, Secret

and then there are the Proxy options Off, Manual, Auto

RVS4000 does not support the Cisco VPN Client, which is the VPN client software for the enterprise grade products.

OK, I don't understand why not, but what about the Cisco Anyconnect ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: