cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rw120 wireless syslog information dashboard

pshetty
Level 1
Level 1

am logging hundreds of warnings at times --under status, dashboard, syslog summary, "warning"   

when I click the active "warnings" entry, it takes me to the syslog area, where all is blank.

I've been having problems with the device going non-responsive and having to reboot 1 or 2 times per day. Open for suggestions on how to efficiently follow up.              

5 Replies 5

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Praveen,

My name is Christopher and I am a network support engineer at the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

If you want to be able to see the warnings in the log, you need to go down to the Administration > Logging > Logs facility and check the box for warnings under Display in Event Log.   This should start to keep the warning messages, so you'll be able to see them in the syslog area. 

Give that a try, and paste the warnings you are getting, and we will take a look.

The other thing to check would be that you are on the latest firmware.  The latest version for the RV120W 1.0.4.10, so if you aren't on the latest firmware go ahead and upgrade that.

Christopher Ebert

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Praveen,

The reason  that the logs are all blank because it sounds like you haven't enabled logging yet. You will need to go under admin. tab and go under the logging section. I can't remember the exact wording of all you click through. Once you enable logging for a certain profile then you should start seeing logs.

Just to edit real quick.. you should have to go under here and get to the right section that will enable logging for you.

Administration > Logging > Logging Policies.

I hope that helps,

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Thank you very much for your thoughts. Sorry so slow in responding; I have been very sick lately-- and then the backlog to catch up.

So here's the scoop. I had already created a first policy and checked boxes for what to log.

For good measure, I'd also selected most of the checkboxes in the firewall logging as well.

I was proud of myself for keeping up with the firmware and updating it at the turn of the year, but I see that I'm only on 1.0.3.10, so I'll tend to the upgrade presently.

Still the summary is that I when I click on warnings in t (which takes me to the 'view logs' entry), I only get the following (in quotes below). Note that it tells me there are hundreds of warnings. Actually the number varies wildly. For example, in the last two minutes, the number went from 852 to 40...

"2000-01-01 00:00:28: [rv120w][IKE] INFO: IKE started"

looking for ideas...

OK  firmware upgraded. I reset the log settings to be sure that it was actually logging. Did it in both default policy and the new policy I'd set up (the f/w u/g reset all checkboxes). Still same lack of information.

I was also hoping to learn if I could see which clients were connected to it (by mac address or however).

any insight or double checks greatly appreciated

Hello Praveen,

More than likely it could be a browser issue then. I've always had such a hard time getting logging working correctly on those devices with certain browsers. I think firefox worked the best but I can't really remember..

The only other thing I could think of is to do a factory reset of the unit. Its best practice to do a factory reset after doing a firmware upgrade but let me know what browsers you are using and we will go from there.

Thanks,

Clayton Sill