Views
Helpful
Replies

SBS Router SRP-541 Web browser issues with Chrome

Tom Rottler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

The following is the snapshot of the Cisco Small Business Router SRP-541 that I purchased before Christmas last year.

Version 1.2.5 (001)
Model:SRP541W, GE WAN, 802.11n ETSI, 4FXS/1FXO
Product ID:SRP541W-E-K9
Version ID:V01

Currently it works really well.  Stable enough for me to forget the router is there at all and have no need to reset the router at all.

What I am doing is changing my browsers.... actually from Firefox to Chrome.

Accessing the router's Services Ready Platform Configuration Utility from Firefox seems fine however accessing from Chrome seems to be a little bit of a problem.

I select the address https://192.168.x.x and I get the warning page (Cisco certificate blah blah blah...) and I proceed, the login screen quickly comes up.  I put in my username and password and click to continue.

On Chrome, the screen turns blank for several seconds and on the bottom left a message on the toolbar stating, "Sending Request", then the screen turns the blank Cisco blue shade then it turns white after a while.  Something's stalling I think as the message on the bottom left is still there.  Next to the tab on the left I see that the circle is still turning as well on my mouse cursor and that's it.

The only way to sort of bypass this issue is to right click on the window and click reload.  Not long after I see the usual Cisco's Services Ready Platform Configuration Utility screen.  It doesn't stop there but it does that to a number of pages in the Cisco Services Ready Platform Configuration Utility there and it is annoying enough to hider me from wanting to transpose to Chrome.

Is there an issue with Chrome or a setting I am forgetting or is there an issue with Cisco's Services Ready Platform Configuration Utility as it may not be correctly on par with Chrome.

Is there a solution to this problem.

Thanking in advance and Kindest Regards.

4 Replies 4

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Tom,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

It does look like a compatibility issue. Please report it to the Small Business Support Center  https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html and have them file an enhancement to track its resolution.  Hopefully this would be resolved in one of the future maintenance releases.

Thank you for your time.  Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

madcarpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tom,

I also have issues when it comes to accessing Small Business devices on Chrome, the GUI just doesn't act the same in Chrome. In addition to the problems you're having with the blank screen Chrome can also affect how the GUI acts even after you get it up and running. It would probably be a good idea to continue using Firefox to access your SRP.

Thanks for your post,

Madison Carpenter

Cisco Small Business Content Development Team

Hello Jeffery and Madison,

There has been an update with the router in order to attempt to correct the issue.  Unfortunately this did not work

Small Business

Services Ready Platform Configuration Utility
Version 1.2.6 (003)
Model:SRP541W, GE WAN, 802.11n ETSI, 4FXS/1FXO
Product ID:SRP541W-E-K9
Version ID:V01
Serial Number:CCQxxxxxxLU
© 2012 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

This was upgraded a few days ago before your posts.

@ Jeffery - I will contact Small Business Support and I will advise them of the situation in order to provide a resolution to this.  I am surprised that Cisco is not aware of this now as Chrome has been introduced as a browser for quite a while and I am sure that bugs like this would have been notified by this.

This is the second time I have made Cisco aware of an issue where the previous one was with the SRP-527W Routers what had an issue with the web login via the https.  Cisco was great that they even sent me a second SRP to keep the business running.

@ Madison - It seems quite evident that I will have to continue to use Firefox in the mean time.  In my opinion I find that Firefox over the years has declined with their quality which is causing me considerable issues especially when the network becomes disconnected for some reason (for testing purposes) and that Chrome seems to continue ergo my wish to change browsers.

Now I wish for Cisco to correct this issue as I don't like to stay with Firefox.

Kindest Regards

What version of Chrome do you use?

I use the latest Chrome Canary without problem. Can you try it?

Regards.