cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a VPN between a WRVS4400N and an ASA device

williamturgeon
Level 1
Level 1

I am a newbie when it comes to Cisco devices and I have a problem setting up a VPN between a local office and a head office some distance away.

Here at our local office, we have a Cisco WRVS4400N Small Business device.

At the head office they have a Cisco ASA Device.

We need to set up a point-to-point VPN and I have no idea how to do this with these devices.

To make matters worse, the resource I have at the other end in an unknown entity who also does not seem to have much experience with this.

Is there any type of step-by-step guide to such a configuration?

If not, can anyone please help with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello William,

I would call in to the support center at 1866-606-1866 to get assistance setting up the WRVS side of the tunnel then all the ASA side has to do is match the settings. If the ASA side needs support with that we can transfer over to TAC.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello William,

I would call in to the support center at 1866-606-1866 to get assistance setting up the WRVS side of the tunnel then all the ASA side has to do is match the settings. If the ASA side needs support with that we can transfer over to TAC.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried the number you gave me, but all I get is a message saying "The number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please check the number and dial again."

If you have any suggestions here, I would be most happy to hear them.

I am in Calgary, Alberta.

Hi William,

The number is 1-866-606-1866. I would recommend trying again. Here is a link for all the number we can be reached at-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Hi Robert,

There appears to be a problem with the number. I have tried it about 7 or 8 times now including twice right after you sent your reply and I still get the same recording telling me the number is not in service.

OK,

After the "Not in Service" message, the next half-dozen or so times I tried, all I got was a fast busy signal.

I finally got through and am waiting for a Support Engineer.

Thanks for the help.