cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Window 10 VPN client access to an RV-325

rdk_cisco1
Level 1
Level 1

I have been struggling to get VPN access setup on our RV-325 router.  We will be using the Windows 10 built-in VPN client setup for PPTP.  As I recall the L2TP will not work with the RV-325?  We have a VPN server on our local network which we used before installing this RV-325.  I know it is still working as I can attach to it from a PC on the local network, bypassing the router.

Ideally I'd like to use the VPN Passthrough option to forward VPN traffic to our internal VPN server but connecting directly to the RV325 would also work for us.

I have read the setup document and so far I have not been successful getting either working.  Is there a "step by step" process reference for doing either or both of these options.  Are there setup options that are mutually exclusive? 

What Firewall and Forwarding entries need to be made for either option?

PS...I know remote access is working as we have Remote Desktop working now while we are trying to get VPN working.

Thanks....RDK

2 Replies 2

GWG-SysOp
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same exact problem.  I finally found the solution after digging and digging into these posts.

You must configure the PPTP connect manually via Control Panel in Windows. You must set it as follows: Unencrypted Password

sshot-4.png

From this menu:sshot-5.png

GWG-SysOp
Level 1
Level 1

One other KEY configuration to set as well - make sure you set the default gateway to be remote network, otherwise, you won't be able to route to the network on the other side (remote) of the VPN:

sshot-6.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: