cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup of RV042G Router

1saceng59
Level 1
Level 1

I've just installed a RV042G router for the first time.  The computers connect to the internet just fine, but they can no longer see each other through the Windows workgroup.  I can ping the router, but not other computers on the net.  The router doesn't seem to be sharing the names of the other computers on the net. 

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Duncan

Thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnatan and I am part of the small business community.Ensure your firewall is not blocking any connection, you can test your connection disabling the firewall of your computers (just for a test), and try to connect them, also ensure yours computers are in the same vlan and they are in the same subnet, I mean receiving DHCP from the router. Also check your device firewall doesn´t have any rule denying connection. I hope this answer helps you.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: