cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site - Cisco RV110 to Belkin router VPN problems.

Gregory Leeson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm setting up a site-to-site VPN between two offices, Site A uses a Cisco RV110W VPN Router with a static WAN IP and local IP 192.168.1.0/24 while Site B I have set up with a Belkin N300 VPN router which also has a Static WAN IP and the local IP is set to 192.168.2.0/24

I'm able to ping from Site B (192.168.2.xxx) to Site A, however I can't communicate from Site A back to Site B.

Any idea how I could go about troubleshooting this?  I've been scouring the internet for 3 days trying to get to the bottom of this with no luck.

Please let me know if I need more info here.

3 Replies 3

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gergory,

How are you testing this when you are pinging through the tunnel. Are you pinging the routers ip or are you pinging something behind the network of the routers? As long as RV110w can ping Belkin N300 and other way around everything should be fine. If you are trying to ping something behind the network though like a workstation for example then you may want to check out the default gateway or software firewall in the workstation.

If I remember correcetly the RV110w should have a built in ping tool. I would use that to see if the router can actually ping anything as well.

Go ahead and look into that and will go from there.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Clayton Sill

Hi, thanks for responding.

I'm attempting to ping the router addresses, 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1

You're correct about the pinging tool in the Cisco router, no response from the Belkin side.

From the Belkin side if I ping to the Cisco router I receive a response.

To give you an idea of the effects of this, I'm using the VPN (trying to, anyway) for VOIP communication between two Toshiba phone systems.  With the current setup, office B (Belkin side) can intercom office A and both sides can chat it up.  However, office A (Cisco side) can not intercom to the Belkin office. 

Also, I contacted Belkin customer support about this, they escalated it to their California development team and basically said it's probably a problem with the Belkin router.  The best they can do is a refund.  Hmph.

So I'm likely going to give up on trying to resolve this and just replace the Belkin router with another Cisco router.  Hopefully that will resolve this issue.

I'm such a quitter...

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Before trashing the Belkin, I'd double-check all the features/settings to make sure they match.  Even downgrade to lower security protocols and drop things like 'keep-alive' to see if it works.  Then you can add things back one at a time until you get what you want or it has problems.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com