Views
Helpful
Replies

Small Business RV042G - Monitor Traffic

Hal1388
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Novice here, hopefully, you all can help point me in the right direction. I am in a small office 20 PCs connected on a LAN (some WI-FI) using a Small Business RV042G. We have this irregularity in our network quality, our bandwidth is about 8 Mbps (download & Upload), however some days it doesn't even reach 1 Mbps (ISP has verified 8 Mbps are entering the building). Is there any good addon software that can be installed on my PC -where I can monitor which ip it using the most bandwidth?  I have installed Solorwinds IpMonitor (free edition), but there isn't much documentation to help me understand what I am looking at. I am lost on how to monitor our traffic, the lag does affect business. Are there are light, simple programs that you use that would help me!

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

when you see the issue check below site and see what is the speed show and record the screenshot, bypass the RV and test the same site again, directly connecting to your ISP(hope this is possible ) capture the screenshot, so this will give you some information here what is wrong. if both the results are the same, then contact ISP with a screenshot asking for resolution.

https://www.speedtest.net/

if directly works ok, and through RV not good, then we need to look at the RV config and fine-tune, or disable the features not required and start testing.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi!

There’s an option to enable SNMP? Do I have to do anything with this to help monitor traffic?

AlKor
Spotlight
Spotlight

May be you need change router for new?

Rv34X series have traffic monitor, application statistic and control etc.

Its allow you easy check traffic in realtime.

As example:

Spoiler
RV340_Statistic.PNG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: