cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Small Business RV082 10/100 8-Port VPN Router ( LAN Reachability problem )

mohamed.skandil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco team,

kindly be noted that I am facing a problem in my ( RV082 10/100 8-Port VPN Router ) , everyday not in a certain time I lost connection to the router LAN gateway ( 192.168.1.1 ) there for I lost connecting to the internet , as I solve the problem by restarting the router hard power ( unplugging and re-plugging it again ).

Thank you

2 Replies 2

hhuevel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The RV082 direct connected to the ISP ?

In that case get a cheap modem.

Scheduled time-out ?? 

Br. Hendrik

gariasca
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are many reasons why this could happen from  a Faulty Device to an External Factor like an attacked received from outside like a SYN Flood attack to the WAN which locks up the box or it could also be stress/workload related. 

Perform these steps:

- Factory Reset the unit

- Upgrade to the latest firmware or reflash the image if already running  the latest one

- Perform a pcap on the WAN and analyze the traffic to verify any unusual activity then perform the respective security actions (Firewall)

- Enable full debugging and set up a syslog to see what events show up before this and monitor CPU and performance

- If after all the above steps you still have no luck then get your device rma'd 

Hope it helps

- Gerald 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: