cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Small network, two VLANs, need some guidance

jeffhunter1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Big-time newbie here. I have a Cisco 2801 router and a few Cisco SG200-26 switches. I need to configure two VLANs: vlan10 for public wifi access and vlan20 for private staff use. I have fa0/0 configured with IP 192.168.1.2/24. This interface will be connected to an AT&T DSL gateway for Internet service. I have fa0/1 configured with IP 172.16.1.1/16. The goal is to provide Internet access to both VLANs, but no routing between VLANs. I am also enabling a DHCP pool of 172.16.10.0/22 intended for use on vlan10 (public wifi access) and another DHCP pool of 172.16.20.0/24 for vlan20 (private staff). I assume fa0/1 has to be configured for dot1q trunking and connected to a switch port also configured for trunking, yes? I also have WAPs that will need to serve up both VLANs. The WAPs I have are 121 and 2600 series. I assume I will be creating two SSIDs - one for each VLAN, yes?

I am looking to keep this as simple as possible.

What else do I need to consider? thank you in advance for your guidance.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: