Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP - Not so "Simple"

davidmayer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am somewhat new to newtworking and I was tasked with getting Solarwinds to communicate with all of our network equipment.  I have been able to get everything into Solarwinds and recognized but our ASA is not returning SNMP information.  I have been running a tool called getsnmp.exe and I can get a response from my workstation after adding my ip address into the asa host access list.  If I then add the SolarWinds server to the Host access list, snmp still times out.  If I try from another workstation and add it to the list, it also times out.  If I change the ip address to match my workstation address, snmp works.  I am utterly confused as to why it is only working with my IP address of my workstation.  Everything is on the same subnet.  Any help please?

1 Reply 1

carl robinson
Level 1
Level 1

The firewall can be managed via up sown pretty easily as a node.

as long as you enable

SNMP Host and the interface Poll Community

SNMP Host and the interface Poll Version

Once you get that going you will probabaly need to dig a little for the IKE OID's to check tunnel states.

or for number of connections etc...  It realy depends on your monitoring strategy.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: