cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP not working on my RV215W

mamdouh.neif
Level 1
Level 1

I am in desperate need to get this working asap, so please help me in anyway you can...

I enabled SNMP on my RV215W and chosen all versions; 1, 2c and 3 but cannot get a response from the router. When I use GetIF, I don't get a response and when I check the reachability tab, only port 80 is open and nothing else (port 161 for SNMP is closed).

Also, when I add the router to cacti, I get SNMP error. Bearing in mind that my raspberry pi (on the same network) works fine in GetIF and cacti.

I even disabled the firewall just in case, still not working.

Also, I tried various firmwares, the original firmware that came with it, v1.0 and then upgraded to v 1.3.0.7 and downgraded to v 1.2.0.15 still no joy.

Please help!!!

3 Replies 3

mamdouh.neif
Level 1
Level 1

No one is experiencing similar issues?? No one knows how to fix it??

I got the same problem too. The user manual suggested that the device only used SNMP v3, i tried v3 but it still does not work.

You are absolutely right in saying it is only V3. As I missed that from the "brochure" and it gave me nightmares...

Anyway, it definitely can do SNMP V3 but you have to play around with the encryption settings. I believe (if my memory serves right), only 1 type of encryption level works. I think it might be the 128...

Anyway, experiment with no encryption at all first and increase the level step by step..

P.S. I ended up getting another router from Cisco as this one gave me too much headache...