I am trying to determine the differences between the SR520 and the ASA5505. The customer has ten users, three are at the main office and the rest are distributed across the country.
I would like to run a site to site vpn between their main office and a second location. Also, the users are going to have remote access VPNs. We are going to run wireless networks at both sites and backup through the VPN.
Question is: should I be using the ASA5505 or the SR520?
Obviously, the ASA is a stronger device, okay i get it. But at four times the cost (license up for additional vpn users + access point), I'd like to consider the SR520. After talking to the distributor support and cisco partner helpline, a few subjects came up:
1. Overall stronger security on the ASA5505. Especially IPS/IDS
2. Greater Throughput on the ASA. But, what exactly is the max vpn throughput on the SR520? isn't the cable/dsl going to be the bottlneck, not the SR520?
3. Ability to run a second ISP
4. Possibility for 2-part authentication? IE via a code-generating key fob. does anyone have any vendors that they would suggest?
5. It appears that this only supports the IPSEC VPN Client. The SSL VPN Client is not supported, but the Clientless Webvpn is? Does that make any sense?
6. Ability to authenticate users against Windows SBS 08 active directory via LDAP. It appears that the SR doesn't have this?
7. Perhaps we should run a SR520 at the Secondary site and a ASA5505 at the primary?
Any Suggestions, experiences or guidance would be beneficial.
Listen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS8E41 Follow us: https://twitter.com/CiscoChampion
Let’s face it: today’s work is hybrid. Making hybrid work requires more than collaboration tools and SaaS applications. It’s about connecting people, dispa...
Join David Bombal as he busts the myths around Cisco Designed while building out an SMB network right at his desk.
David, a CCIE, CCSI and an educator, has delivered training courses all around the globe across multiple Cisco topics. And he’s desig...
This Chat covers the intersection of technology and social impact from community to global levels. Learn how digital maturity accelerates SMB growth and profits that can fund social programs and enable sustainable business practices like remote work.
This Chat covers the intersection of technology and social impact from community to global levels. Learn how digital maturity accelerates SMB growth and profits that can fund social programs and enable sustainable business practices like remote work. We'l...