Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 500 Series Gain Access from one IP address with NAT

Ronald RiemVis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Normaly all incoming IP addresses can use NAT to gain access.

I would like to make a rule that only one IP address can connect to my router and use that port or range of ports defined.

Is there a way to configure a SRP 527W on such a way?

If not possible now, can I expect a software update ?

Greetings,

Ronald

3 Replies 3

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. RiemVis,

On this case if I would recommend you to use DNAT. And create and access rule in order to send all the packets coming from the outside to be route to the local DNAT server target. The DNAT target is used to do Destination Network Address Translation, which means that it is used to rewrite the Destination IP address of a packet. If a packet is matched, and this is the target of the rule, the packet, and all subsequent packets in the same stream will be translated, and then routed on to the correct device, host or network.

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you

Hello Mr.Juan Rodrigues,

I searched inside the SRP527W router but can't find anything what is called DNAT.

Could you give me more information how to accomplish ?

Thanks

Greetings

Ronald

Hi Ronald,

The features you need to use are:

1: NAT > Port Forwarding (DNAT as referred to above):  This enables forwarding across NAT for all remote users.

2: Firewall > Advanced Firewall Settings (Access Control Lists): Add rules to

a) Specifically allow access from your preferred remote address,

b) deny access from all other addresses.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: