cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527 in Bridge Mode

sean.troy
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to put the SRP 527 into Bridge mode to use it just as a modem?

6 Replies 6

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sean,

Yes, this is possible.  From memory, do the following:

1. Configure the DSL interface for Bridged EoA

2. Create a new VLAN adding the PVC interface and one of the LAN ports (set the port PVID to the new VLAN number)

3. Enable PPPoE relay

Regards,

Andy

Thank you for the response Andy.  I do not have the router yet to try out the solution.  We are in the process of getting an ADSL circuit in Australia provided by Telstra and that is the only model modem/router they offer at this time.  I read the Administration Guide to check out the routers capabilities but it wasn't clear if bridge mode was supported.

Sean

Hi,

Can you be more specific (ie step by step) if possible?

I too am having this issue, however whenever I try to add another VLAN (you step 2) the only option I get is Port 1 - 4.

There is no mention of the PVC.

This question has almost no proper coverage on the net so far, so if you could provide a step by step it woud be much appreciated.

regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Please see the following , which should provide the information you require.

Having looked at this again, it's not totally necessary to create a new VLAN to use this feature (although you can if you wish).

Hope this helps,

Andy

Andy

I am trying to do this, exactly in accordance with the guide document. However our RVL200 router will not connect to the SRP527 via PPPoE. Can you please suggest any way I can diagnose the problem? The WAN ip address on the RVL200 remains at 0.0.0.0.

Thanks

David

simonyeeklang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

VC setting 

Encapsulation:

Change to

rfc 1483 bridged EoA

Best Regards, Mr. Simon Yee Document Control Budi Feed Sdn. Bhd.(827186-P) Lot 11940, Jalan Perajurit 1, Off Jalan Perajurit, Kampung Tengah, Telok Gong, 42000 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Tel :-- 603-3134 1081 Notice of Confidentiali
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: