cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP-527W-K9-G4 -- Unable to access user interface over any web browser.

Tom Rottler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Currently I have the Small Business Router SRP-527.  It is being used to connect my small business network to the Internet with 2 VLANs. (the first is the internal network that connects to the Internet and the second is for my client's computers so they can be updated over the Internet without the need of accessing my metwork.  I also have a private telephone line using VoIP.

When I purchesed the item four months ago, it came with the firmware 1.1.04.  This firmware was a constant bitch where the router constantly freezes.  The solution was to restart the router but in the back of my mond I was not at all happy because my telephone would be down and I would not know it until I turn on the laptop in the morning.  After upgrading to 1.1.19. The router was purring happpily and had continued for 104-days, 11-hours and 13-minutes.

The reason was that I was working on a VPN however I had some issues and thought that the upgrade to 1.1.23 would solve the issues like the previous upgrade.  I made the relavant backup, started the procedure in upgrading the router, the upgrade was completed and the router resetted itself after 104 days blah blah.  The router seemed to power up nicely, the laptop saw the networks and received and IP address, my ISP was connected as I had Internet connection and the VoIP connected to its service.  Everything seemed like it had worked. I checked the user interface and saw that the status was 0-days 0-hours and 4-minutes.  I could relax, closed the lid of my laptop which then hibernated and then proceed to have some lunch.

After Lunch, I opened the laptop from hibernation, read some e-mails that arrived over the lunch break, I responded to them, checked my facebook account and everything seemed nice and cool, now start working on that router.  I clicked on my usual short-cut to the router however it said that I was unable to access the page or the page was not found.

Well Firefox tells you in their cryptic lingo that I find totally useless as breasts on a bull but I knew that I couldn't access my user interface using Firefox.  Tried using "http://" as the prefix because I had originally set the router to "https://".  Bugger... that didn't work wither.  I used Internet Explorer and also tried Chrome but nothing could get me to access the user interface.

I tried other computers using both Firefox and IE but the results were a dismal failure.  I even powered down the router hoping that something could tigger it to start functioning properly however the router seems to be chugging nicely connecting to the Internet and VoIP but I cannot access my user interface.  I don't even know if the firewall is functionable.

I am at the situation where I might totally reset the router.  Here I am at a crossroads... either I reset the router totally and I can then access the router's user interface which would be wonderful or I reset the router and I still am unable to access the user interface however this time I have no internet access, no network, no VoIP.  Right now I am too scared to make the total reset as I don't have a spare SRP-527 in my tool kit and they are costly.

Has anyone seen this issue and is there a solution to this?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: