cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527W portforward not working after failover to USB wireless

halcomsystems
Level 1
Level 1

We have a SRP527W with MF636i USB wireless broadband modem to failover. The failover all workes well howver there is a problem that all the port forward settings stop working. We have a number of port forwarding configurations for mail, web, RDP etc... Whenever the failover occurs to the USB modem the port forwarding stops functioning. I have tested it from an outside connection using the new WAN IP address allocated to the USB modem.

I have noticed that the Port forwarding configuration allows he selection of WAN Interface, but only the ADSL connections can be selected (ie PVC0,1,2...). Is there anything I missed in the settings?

Cheers

Paul

9 Replies 9

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Inbound forwarding from the USB interface is not supported on the SRP527, so you aren't missing anything.

This functionality is however, supported by the SRP540 series products.

Regards,

Andy

Is this planned to be implemented in future firmware?

Possibly a show stopper for a large rollout we were investigating the SRP520 series for.

That is too bad. We have purchased this modem specifically to use the fallback functionality. Correct me if I am wrong but I cannot find any reference to this unsupported feature in any of the documentations.

What is even worse for us is that the SRP540 series product are not sold here here. So the only option that we have in Australia is that to buy the Billion modem.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

The SRP547W is definately available in Australia (we've bought a few ourselves), if you need help finding a reseller let me know.

Cheers,

Tim.

Hello Tim

I only did  a quick search for  "SRP540"  with google and it did not come with any Australian websites. It just shows you that you can't always trust google...

Thank you for letting me know.

Cheers

Paul

Hi All,

A quick update on this.  While port forwarding for the 3G interface remains unavailable for the original SRP520 series products (running 1.1.x firmware), it is available for any product that runs release 1.2 or later firmware.  This includes the SRP540, SRP520-U and SRP520-TLS series products.

Regards,

Andy

jketteridge
Level 1
Level 1

The wan IP changes when you go onto 3G, so are you then trying to connect to the new wan IP or still your normal one? Are you doing software DMz by chance?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

We have a similar problem - we are using the router in 'Load balancing' mode. DSL/3G

Port forwards work rarely when both services are running (connecting only via DSL WAN IP)

We dont expect to have the portforwards work across both routes, we are happy for that traffic to only communicate via the DSL port. (We want the load balancing for faster web browsing etc in the office)

When we disable load balancing the port forward (RDP) works perfectly via the DSL route.

Hi Tim,

We don't recommend the use of load balancing mode for internet access connections (only for Enterprise deployments without NAT), as you'll find that the SRP will often try to balance upstream traffic to the other interface to what you are expecting.

Can I suggest that for your requirements, you disable both failover and load balancing and use policy routing to direct traffic to your preferred connection.

Regards,

Andy