Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527w VLAN Routing

briancobb01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using an SRP 527w to provide a VPN connection from a remote site office back to the head office for a number of company users.

Also in the same site office we have a number of guest users, who require Internet only access and a shared copier and plotter for printing.

I have configured the SRP 527w with 2 VLANs to separate the different users, but require a limited inter VLAN routing so that all users can access the printers etc. but keeping the guest users off the company VLAN.

If I enable the intervlan routing option I get full routing between VLANs and I don't want this.

Is this configuration possible with this device? as I was hoping to use a one box solution for this site office.

Regards

Brian

3 Replies 3

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately it is not possible filter traffic between VLANs on the SRP520.

Andy

Is there a product that you could recommend?  The SRP series seems to be well built and has great uptime, but the terrible lack of features is apalling.  Cisco previous recommended the RV220w, but the RV series overall is a joke.  A terrible, underpowered, problematic line.  Mostly it is prone to glaring firmware problems and the need to be rebooted regularly...

In any case I am in the same category as the above user, and need a reliable problem with limited VLAN routing.  In fact I only need to route between VLANs for a single port or IP for printer sharing.  Seems like a no brainer for a small office product to have this capability. 

Hi Charles,

You could try the SR520 series routers (and configure using IOS CLI), this would allow you to control traffic between VLANs using ACLs.

You should, however, note that this product range has just been announced as end of sale for later this year. See this link.  I suspect that you would also be able to get the functionality you require from the ASA5505 (although I'm less familiar with this product range).

Regards,

Andy