cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP521W Administration - Missing Menu Options.

Gary Turner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Second post, I have a new SRP 527W, I've run through the initial config and am looking at the features available, in comparison the the PDF Admin Guide I seem to have a number of options missing from the menu.

My router only shows Time setup & Switch setting, these look like the top and bottom items ... so I'm missing around 10 items ... including the ability to upgrade the firmware.

According to te status page my router has "1.01.09 (001) Apr 7 2010".

Help much appreciated.

Gary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rvaltier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gary

There are 2 login users with different privileges, one is cisco/cisco which has limited access an it is for a quick setup.

The second one is "admin" default password "admin" this user has all privileges, try with this user you will see all options available.

Regards

Rogelio

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rvaltier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gary

There are 2 login users with different privileges, one is cisco/cisco which has limited access an it is for a quick setup.

The second one is "admin" default password "admin" this user has all privileges, try with this user you will see all options available.

Regards

Rogelio

Hello Rogelio,

I too was mystified by missing menu items - specifically looking for Logging setup.

I was using the cisco logon and as you say this brings up the quick interface.

My problem is that the admin/admin is not accepted ie is being rejected as Invalid User Name or Password.

The 527W was purchased through Telstra in Australia and was delivered with Firmware 1.0.17 (VP002) Oct 8 2010 - this is also a mystery as there does not seem to be any reference to this firmware level anywhere.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Charles Rudder

P.S.  Found a hint in another post that admin/admin only works on initial access after the 527W is reset to Factory Defaults.  This worked! Quite a strange way of doing things....

I am still curious about the Firmware level.

Gary,

Seems to be locked by telstra, you may try to reset to factory defaults holding reset button for 10sec but it may erase whole configuration. Or you can also ask to telstra about admin password.

regards

Rogelio

Hi Charles,

The code you have is specific to the Telstra Business Broadband service and is supported directly by Telstra.  Please refer to their support to discuss access to features.

Regards,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: