Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP521W and iPhone?

chris_domigan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm wondering if I can use my iPhone with a softphone app to make calls via the existing SIP setup on my SRP521W, via its wifi interface. I am more than happy to do my own research on how to do this, but am having trouble knowing where to start or if it is even possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

The voice ports in the SRP are SIP clients (User Agents), just like the app on your iPhone. 

If you want to be able to call from your iPhone app to one of the voice ports on the SRP, just configure both to use accounts from the same ITSP (IP Voice Service Provider).

Regards,

Andy

Thanks Andy!

Is it possible to just use my iPhone (or any other lan-side device like a USB IP Phone) as a "dumb handset" for my SRP, leaving the ITSP registration on the router?

Hi Chris,

No, the only way that you can use the SIP account settings configured in the SRP is with an analogue telephone handset (or fax) connected to an FXS port.  Any other device on the LAN will register with the Internet SIP service directly and independantly.

HTH.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: