Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP521W falling Short

telenieko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have been using a SRP521W as the main Router for an office with about 25 users.

So on the cable network it's about 25 computers, 25 IP Phones, 3 printers. Wireless network hold some smartphones and tablets. Computer traffic is 100% Remote Desktop.

That said, for the last few days network connectivity sucks. I think the problem is, precisely, the SRP521W. Some mornings the WAN link is down and can only be brought up by a router reboot.

There's an IPSec tunnel to HQ.

Wireless network was moved recently to a WAP121 to offload the SRP521W. It has two networks: internal and customers with two VLANs.

CPU Usage is around 30-45% all day and spikes to 100% sometimes. RAM Usage is 40-45%. I do not know if this is "too much", "average" or "really low load".

Anyway, time for questions:

a) How can I get a table of active connections on the firewall/NAT to see if there anything "strange" on the network traffic that maybe causing issues?

b) Is there any know bug in the VLAN handling of the SRP that maybe causing the issue? (it's one of the latests changes introduced).

c) If the problem is that there's too much load for such a small router, what replacement would you recommend given the details above? (remember I do not really need wireless on the router as I have the wap121).

Thank you for your help!

marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marc, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for the issues you are having, I will share with you information in order to help you with your issue.

1. This router was not made with log control proposes, but I found in the administration guide of your device how to enable or disable temporary Logs. You can see it here

2. Just to make sure the last firmware is 1.01.27 , I encourage you to download it and install it if you don´t have the latest, you can download it here.

Before start with the process I advise you, create a backup of your configuration, update you firmware and then perform a factory reset, after that try your configuration again. If the problem is back again configure manually just the necessary configuration

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marc, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for the issues you are having, I will share with you information in order to help you with your issue.

1. This router was not made with log control proposes, but I found in the administration guide of your device how to enable or disable temporary Logs. You can see it here

2. Just to make sure the last firmware is 1.01.27 , I encourage you to download it and install it if you don´t have the latest, you can download it here.

Before start with the process I advise you, create a backup of your configuration, update you firmware and then perform a factory reset, after that try your configuration again. If the problem is back again configure manually just the necessary configuration

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Johnnatan,

I already tried to upgrade but it's failling for some reason (router reboots and comes back with same firmware) so it is running 1.01.26 still.

I'll try again anyway.

Anyway I need an SRP521W on another place so I'll get an 881 for this place and see if things go smoother

Thanks,

marc

Hi Marc, I hope your device work properly, if you have any question let me know, thank you for post in the small business support community

Greetings,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: