Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP521W VPN to a UC560

Hello,

I am trying to create a VPN between a SRP521W (only point-to-point VPN) and a UC560 (VPN server) and it seems it doesn't works (SRP doesn't create the tunnel).

Is there any guide, or suggestion to do so?

(I bought the SRP because my CISCO seller/distributor told me it was the teleworker router for VoIP, is it, really??)

Thanks for your time.

Manel.

4 Replies 4

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Manuel,

The teleworker router for the UC500  solution is the SR520 (which is available in both Ethernet and ADSL  versions).  This product is covered by CCA, allowing consistent  provisioning between all solution devices.

If you are  able to use the UC500 command line, then it should be possible to set up  a point to point IPSec tunnel with the SRP500. (Note, this is not the  same as using the default Cisco VPN Server.)  This might provide you with some guidance here.

Regards,

Andy

hi Andy,

found this post while searching: can you tell me what the preferred small business (i.e. not an 800-series or above) teleworker router is, now that the SR520's have been EOL'd ? What else does CCA cover in the small business range?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

CCA also supports the SA500 series security appliance - this will provide Ethernet WAN access.

If you need ADSL (or VDSL) access, then the new ISR867VAE would probably be your best choice (I know you said no 800 series, but this version comes in at a more affordable price point than previous products).  The 867VAE is not supported by CCA, but may be configured using Cisco Configuration Professional Express.

Hope that helps,

Andy

hi Andy,

The 887 is still twice the price of the SRP, so while it's more affordable than before (which is great), it's still looking excessive unless it's covered by CCA and support. The main concerns I have are twofold: if the SR520 is EoL and the ISR is not supported by CCA, which branch office router is? Secondly, adding an SA500 to the mix may help in some cases but in one specific case I'm thinking of the existing ADSL router would have to be configured to be a bridge instead, so the SA500 would have to take over routing duties. Not convinced that's a good plan.

If the SRP can be configured to interoperate with the UC540 (whether using CLI or not) , then that's a reasonable direction to take, surely? (Apart from anything else - to use another specific example case - when you're doing remote support and only http and ssh are allowed, the CCA-only approach is just not practical: I can't be the only one ever to come across that as an issue?).

Rgds

Andy