cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SRP527 second SSID security

Hi,

I've one SRP527 configured and working with one SSID with WPA Personal and TKIP with no problem.

After i had the second SSID, no mather what security i choose to it, both the SSID became unsecure.

I check the router and both the SSID's are configured with WPA, but any computer will connect to the router without inserting any password.

Firmware Version: 1.01.19 (004) Jan 7 2011

Upgrded to:

Firmware Version: 1.01.23 (006) Jun 17 2011

Not solved...

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue

I have exactly the same issue. Was running Firmware version  1.01.27 and updated to what appears to be the most recent Firmware Version 1.01.29 (002) Mar 29 2013,  yet still have the same issue.

Configuring and enabling one SSID, it is fine, WPA2 security is enabled. Can configure the second SSID, and leave it disabled, and the first is ok. However, as soon as the second SSID is enabled, both remain enabled, however no pass phase required to access either of them.

This would appear to be a significant vulnerability. People could enable a second, or more SSIDs, and not realise there is no security on all the enabled SSIDs, not requiring any pass phrase.