Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527w incomplete administration menu and ip address

jack.lindsay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we've just baught a coupe of SRP527w routers (one for here and one for work).  when trying to set the one up for home, im noticing some stuff that doesn't seem right and i was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

i wanted to backup the current configuration as i have it, but when i go the the Administration menu, i only get options for Time Setup and Switch Setting.

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 13.44.39.png

I was also wondering, on our soon to be replaced Netgear router, when setting the PPPoA DSL settings, we can set a static ip address, but on the SRP, we can only set the username as password for the connection.  Is there any way to define a static IP address for an ADSL connection?

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 13.45.59.png

any input would be greatly appreciated

2 Replies 2

jack.lindsay
Level 1
Level 1

ok i sorted out the administration page menu, but does anyone have any input how i can set my static adsl ip address?

thanks

jack

Hi Jack,

It isn't possible to set a static IP address with PPPoA on the SRP527.  Typically in the UK a fixed IP address will be reserved and assigned dynamically based on the PPP credentials that you use - i.e. you will always be assigned the same IP address by your SP.

Cheers

Andy