Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527w incomplete administration menu and ip address

jack.lindsay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we've just baught a coupe of SRP527w routers (one for here and one for work).  when trying to set the one up for home, im noticing some stuff that doesn't seem right and i was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

i wanted to backup the current configuration as i have it, but when i go the the Administration menu, i only get options for Time Setup and Switch Setting.

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 13.44.39.png

I was also wondering, on our soon to be replaced Netgear router, when setting the PPPoA DSL settings, we can set a static ip address, but on the SRP, we can only set the username as password for the connection.  Is there any way to define a static IP address for an ADSL connection?

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 13.45.59.png

any input would be greatly appreciated

2 Replies 2

jack.lindsay
Level 1
Level 1

ok i sorted out the administration page menu, but does anyone have any input how i can set my static adsl ip address?

thanks

jack

Hi Jack,

It isn't possible to set a static IP address with PPPoA on the SRP527.  Typically in the UK a fixed IP address will be reserved and assigned dynamically based on the PPP credentials that you use - i.e. you will always be assigned the same IP address by your SP.

Cheers

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: