cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527W- Limited to 1 Wifi user with fixed IP?

samuelsgk
Level 1
Level 1

Need some clarification. We have just installed a fibre optic with one fixed IP address. The package comes with CISCO SRP527w router. It is connected to our server, all desktops can online at the same time. However, for the wifi, only one (1) user is allowed to be connected at one time. Is it because of the configuration or it is a limitation on the hardware? I've checked with the service provider and they came back saying that only one user can use wifi at one time with fixed IP, if i want more users, i need to change to dynamic IP, which i don't think it is logic.

Any suggestions/comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

6 Replies 6

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sam,

That doesn't sound right to me - especially as you have multiple wired devices connected.  There is no such fundamental limitation with the SRP500, you should be able to connect more than one wireless client at a time.  Have you tried connecting more than one client, or is this limitation something you have just been told?

Who is your service provider?

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure if i should mention who is the service provider here but i hv called their technical team few times. They all referring me back to the guy who configure the SRP and this guy is the one that mentioned only 1 wifi user can be connected at one time with fixed IP. I have tried to connect multiple devices to wifi in our office. Suprisingly, only first device that is connected to wifi can access to internet, the rest have limited connectivity which can't access to the internet.

Any suggestions to correct this issue?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Ok - I guess there must be some specific reason why the device has been configured that way.  Generally speaking, there is no such fundamental limitation of the device though.  (i.e. all wired and wireless clients can be configured to gain access to the Internet using the same NAT function.  Actually, that would be the default configuration).

Andy

Andy,

Means that it is not the hardware limitation but it is the configuration that limits the number of users?

Sam

Correct...

Thanks. Will have to talk to the same guy again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: