cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[SRP527w] NAT Traversal not available in VPN options!!!

ggarnierseml
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm so disappointed to find such a light and incomplete VPN menu on the SRP527w.

As a Cisco certified network engineer, I'm testing it because my company needs about twenty ADSL+ 3G Backup router, and Cisco seemed to offer the best solution.

We need to build a VPN over 3G if the ADSL link fails. Unfortunately, 3G acces in France are routed through a wide private network before reaching the Internet. That's not a matter for one of our Zyxel routers, wich include the NAT Traversal (or NAT-T) feature. But with this Cisco, it's impossible to make the traffic go through the VPN.

Please tell me that this feature will be included in the next firmware release!

Regards,

Gaultier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, near end NAT-T is included in MR3.  (Unfortunately far end NAT-T missed this release, but will be in the next).

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, near end NAT-T is included in MR3.  (Unfortunately far end NAT-T missed this release, but will be in the next).

Regards,

Andy

Thank you for your lightning-fast answer!

I downloaded the MR3 RC release, and... it works fine! My VPN is established over 3G.

Thank you for the great job you did improving the capabilities of the SRP520... Hope there are much more useful features like that on your roadmap!

Regards,

Gaultier.