cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527W

hartogah
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SRP527w which as soon as I put in the sip information it will no longer pass the PSTN calls through to the phone . As soon as I take OFF the sip setting PSTN (POTS) incoming calls start working again.

Does anyone have this problem or is there a setting that needs to be setup for these devices. I installed SRP547W with the same issue too.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the SRP52x routers, the PSTN port - labelled Line(FXO) on the router - connects to the analog phone port by means of a relay that closes either when the device has no power, or the SIP account associated with the phone port is not successfully registered.  So in your case, as soon as you configure the SIP account and it registers, the PSTN port is effectively disconnected.

The SRP54x routers are different, and the PSTN port remains active and capable of receiving and placing calls based on the call routing configuration.  Not sure why you are seeing the same behaviour on the SRP547, but I suspect it is likely a configuration problem.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the SRP52x routers, the PSTN port - labelled Line(FXO) on the router - connects to the analog phone port by means of a relay that closes either when the device has no power, or the SIP account associated with the phone port is not successfully registered.  So in your case, as soon as you configure the SIP account and it registers, the PSTN port is effectively disconnected.

The SRP54x routers are different, and the PSTN port remains active and capable of receiving and placing calls based on the call routing configuration.  Not sure why you are seeing the same behaviour on the SRP547, but I suspect it is likely a configuration problem.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks David for your prompt reply, is there no fix then or firmware update to sort this out in the future as I have a few of these and all my clients want the same result, they dont want duplicated phone systems

regards Harry

Hard to say for the SRP547 as I don't know why you are seeing this problem there.  But for the SRP52x routers, this is a characteristic of the hardware and is by design.  To support this on that platform requires more DSP capability and that has a non-trivial impact on the cost of the device.

An alternative to this would be to deploy a SPA3102 behind the SRP527.  The SPA3102 allows you to do the call routing you are after, though I realise this becomes a two box solution and so not ideal.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi,

By default the SRP540 will route all FXS calls to the SIP provider when registered.  Calls from the PSTN will continue to be routed to the FXS ports.

You do have some configuration options here.

For inbound calls, use the contact parameter to determine which of the FXS ports ring when a call is presented to the FXO.  By default this is set to 1+2+3+4 - i.e. they all ring.

Four outbound calls, you can configure the dial plan to route selected calls from an FXS port to the FXO port.

As a simple example:

(123456<:@gw0>|x.)

Will direct calls dialled as 123456 to the FXO port and everything else to the remote SIP proxy.

(x.<:@gw0>)

Would route everything to the FXO port.

Keep in mind that there is no user agent associated with the FXO port (as there is for the SPA3102), so you won't able to route calls from any local IP Phones (if you have any) to the FXO port.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: