Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547 w/ fixed IP & username + pw ?

airfoxnet
Level 1
Level 1

I'm moving from an 1801W to an SRP547.

My adsl supplier (BT) has given me a username and password, and also a router IP address, a subnet and an gateway IP address.

I have 13 fixed IP addresses. I don't speak cisco, so I'm using the built in interface to configure it.

If i choose IPoA I can enter the IP settings. If I choose PPPoA I can enter the username and password.

I do not see anyway I can enter both the IP settings and the username + password on the WAN configuration page.

What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

You should be able to just use the username and password on the PPPoA interface.  BT should just dynamically assign you your static IP address during connection.

To use your other IP addresses, you can use the Software DMZ function to map a public IP address to privately addressed local clients.

HTH.

Andy

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

You should be able to just use the username and password on the PPPoA interface.  BT should just dynamically assign you your static IP address during connection.

To use your other IP addresses, you can use the Software DMZ function to map a public IP address to privately addressed local clients.

HTH.

Andy

Hi Andrew,

Wow, I did exactly that...

Used the username and password on PPPoA, used the software DMZ to do the mapping and it all works perfectly.

I don’t get how it's working. Technically, the router has the 'wrong' public IP address, yet stuff is getting through. I'm not gona knock it , it’s working and I'm very happy.

Many thanks

Simon

Pleased that worked for you Simon :-)

Andy

PS: Thanks for the feedback and rating!

How long did it take for this to happen?

BT Have asigned me 5 IP's. I have added under the DMZ function:

Source IP address: The starting IP to The ending IP

Destination IP address: The internal server

Yet it is still timing out whereas if i go through the IP the router is connected as, it works fine.

Thanks,

Josh

Josh,

My apologies, I misread the SRP model that you are using in your earlier thread.

The solution I provided is only good for the SRP540 series at this time - the SRP520 series only supports the concept of a single WAN IP address, so unfortunately will not work with your additional addressing.

Regards,

Andy

masdesign1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

So is there no support for even one static IP address on the router?

Thanks,

Josh

If it helps i have SBS 2011 behind the router, with the DMZ Re-Directing to it?

ok, that makes sense.

Hi Josh,

With PPPoA we only support dynamically assigned  addresses.  However, the static assignment is managed by BT, so while  dynamically assigned, you will always get the same address.

Regards,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: