Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547W and compatible 3G/4G USB Modem

kelvtse1210
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Currently, I have setup a demo lab with the UC320W + IP Phones and OnPlus Network Agent all connected to a SG300-28P.

I have just obtained an SRP547W because I wanted to use the 3G/4G internet connection via the router as my demo lab is an isolated network.

Now, I tried to a couple of 3G modem (UMG181) and 4G Telstra modem (MF821) on the SRP547W but none of these work. I had a look at the compatibility table (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unified_communications/srp540_series/modem_comp_matrix/srp520U_540_comp_matrix.pdf)

I guess those modem models are not listed there. However, when I went on say the Optus website to scout for a more compatible model, none of them hit it right on the mark. The matrix says it can support E180 (while Optus has the E188), E353 (while Optus has the E353). I have already wasted my money on getting the earlier stated 3G/4G Modems and I ain't going to take a chance again.

This kinda suck due to the lack of modem options and choices. Infact, I had a Netcomm NB16WV and the cheap device actually supports those modems that I have. I had to get the SRP547W because I have to showcase a so called end-to-end Cisco solution and for the OnPlus portal to show that it can detect the Cisco devices that are still active and under contract support.

I do not think I want to keep trying and burning $$$.

Is there a possibility to get the SRP547W to support the current 3G and 4G modems that I have?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Kelvin

1 Reply 1

kelvtse1210
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry typo.....I meant to say Compatibility Matrix shows E352 (while Optus has the E353).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: